Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Audio Production III Project - Bon Iver - "Calgary" Remix

One of the most intriguing projects that I have worked on recently is a remix of Bon Iver's "Calgary." Originally this remix was assigned in my Audio Production III class, but as I worked on it I made it more of my own personal project than simply being an assignment. I am fairly new to remixing as I had only done one other remix at the time. Recently I have been messing around with Massive VST and thought it would be cool to remix this song into a chillstep track. I have been itching to use a harp in a song so I really focused on that in this remix and I think it brings a very unique feel to this mix. Since I am rather new to the midi world it took me some time to do this project. Initially I created all of the sounds in Ableton Live using Massive VST and Garritan Personal Orchestra. After completing everything I needed to do in Ableton, I then exported all of the raw tracks and did the mixing in Pro Tools 10. It was not my preferred way of doing things but it was easy enough and required for the assignment. I do not currently have a preview of the track as I am currently working on a new version of it.

- Matt

This is a screenshot of my Ableton Live session before I exported it to Pro Tools 10. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, what a great web blog On Audio Productions. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete