Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Moving Onward

As my life as a college student comes to a close, many other things that I had previously been committed to have fallen through. I am often one that tries my hardest to fully complete something I begin, but as my time here dwindles, so do my previous projects. Some may know that I was doing audio for a game called "Perpetuam Memoriam" that a group of us started at last years Global Game Jam. The few of us that remained on the team after Global Game Jam just recently decided that it is within all of our best interests to shut down operations on the game. School has been becoming very time consuming for all of us and we were all losing interest in continuing the game. With that said, I am on a much smaller scale project with my good friends and colleagues, Travis Till and Cody Putzier. I will be doing audio for it and I am very excited for the opportunity because the game is very focused on the Foley Artist side of audio. In fact, it is so focused on sound effects and ambiance that I will not even be writing a score for the game. I will release more info about this great opportunity for me and the others when I, basically, get permission to be able to release some information. The only thing I can really tell you at this moment is that it will be SCARY. The conceptual ideas being thrown around lately for this game are some of the most unique concepts I have heard in while and I am positive it will scare players 90% of the time.

Later today I will be putting up a new daily song and some class related assignments. So keep in touch!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment