Thursday, October 4, 2012

MakO - "Home" - Daily Song Posting

MakO is a growing favorite of mine. He seems to still be relatively new to the scene but he really impresses me. This song is called "Home." I originally discovered it in the Goint Quantum Podcast no. 58. I heard it and was like, "wow, that side-chaining (to create the "swell" bass he features) is amazing." He really uses it to keep the song flowing. His drops fit well with the rest of the song. One of the things I hate about some dubstep songs is when an artist puts a drop into his/her song and it absolutely does not fit with the rest of the song. It's unnecessary and is why you will find me listening to liquid dubstep or chillstep, which are melodic forms of dubstep, over dirty dubstep or the likes. Believe it or not those nasty "wubs" can sound beautiful.

- Matt (Muzen)


No comments:

Post a Comment