Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Music Promotion through Youtube

For years now, Youtube has been the number one place for me to find new music. It seems like an unlikely thing, but its really not. There is so much music on Youtube it is almost ridiculous. The old way I used to find music was by simply typing in a band name and using the related videos and so on to find other songs like the one I typed in. For the past year or so now, though, I have been discovering many different Youtube music promotion channels.

While exploring the vastness of Youtube about a year ago, I discovered this peculiar channel called Liquicity. I had no idea what it was but I was attracted to the channel's unique logo and beautiful backgrounds. But, the best part about Liquicity was the music. Liquicity is a Liquid Drum and Bass promotion channel, which means that artists can submit their liquid drum and bass track to Liquicity and Liquicity will create a video in their channel with that artists track, if they like it. 

There are so many music promotion channels on Youtube now, especially in the electronic genre. 

Here are some that I found and regularly listen to. 
Music promotion channels such as the ones listed above are great ways to get your name out there. If you are a dubstep artist and are featured on UKF Dubstep, which is a huge promotion channel, its almost assured that you will get a lot of exposure. The kicker though; you have to be good enough. 

But seriously, these channels are a great way to find new music and I feel like these simple Youtube channels could one day be the future of music promotion, at least to a degree. 

- Matt

A typical Liquicity video.

The standard UKF Dubstep video.

1 comment: